Compare BAT Vk30 to Sonic Frontiers Line 2?

Can anyone offer an opinion on these two preamps when used with a tube amp, such as VT-100, and with B&W 802s?

Some think the SF is too lean, clean. Others think it is very neutral, detailed and musical.

Critics of the BAT think it is too dark, airless. Others think it is highly musical?

What's the real scoop?
kevziek
I can't comment on the exact pieces of equipment you mention, but I thought it might be of interest to discuss my experience in upgrading from a BAT VK-3i to a Sonic Frontiers Line 3.

The Line 3 was a pretty significant upgrade, as it should be considering the difference in price. The Line 3 is much better at the frequency extremes -- and capable of much better resolution. It is quite a bit more neutral that the VK-3i. The Line 3 is also a LOT more dynamic.

I agree with Bryhifi that the VK-3i is a very musical preamp. It gives just a touch of warmth to the music when outfitted with NOS tubes. It is also very forgiving as well.

If find the Line 3 to be even more musical. The problem that some may have with it is not very forgiving and will certainly expose any warts. It is going to pretty much pass on the signal sent to it. Depending on the source, this may not always be a good thing.
BAT VK-30 is heaven with my VK-200 and Aerial 10Ts. I didn't audition the SF. Tried a Conrad Johnson and an Ayre, went with the BAT. Fantastic musicality, and a great user interface. The phono option was a surprisingly outstanding bonus.
Kevziek, What are your musical tastes and what equipment would you be using it with?
Sorry Keviek, should have read your post more carefully. I have a line2SE. It is very neutral. It was a bit lean until I put it on Symposium rollerblocks. Really filled out the sound.