High End Components - How long do they last?

Happy New Year to everybody! Being on the high end market almost a year, I was wondering how long top level, well build high end components do last. A friend of mine has some Levinson components from the seventies... still terrific sound! Of course the answer will depent on the brand, but anyhow it would be interesting to hear different stories.
koen
Mes, love your sense of humour! It was the highest of ends I got to so far. How're you doing?? Music coming back to life? Drop me a line, if you like! Regards, Detlof
If you are not adverse to replacing parts that wear out, and assuming you can get them, then they last forever. I know someone who just replaced the FET's on his old Conrad Johnson stuff. The replacement FET's came from CJ.
It's hard to say because even well built products may require occassional maintenance. For electronics a capacitor failing, or a solder joint loosening are probably the most common causes of equipment not working. While annoying, these problems are easily fixed, but they can occur in even the best built products. Mechanical devices such as CD players and tape recorders have shorter life spans. As opposed to electronics, mechanical devices will require a periodic rebuild.
I have a linn sondek that is 26 years old and still going strong . This is now in the second system as I have a basis 2001, graham 1.5tc in the main system. the linn has had many upgrades over the years but not in the last 8 or 9 years . I still like the linn.