Opinions on a hi-end ? portable mini system

I was wandering if there is such a thing...
I need a compact system (integrated amp, CD player, Tape Player, Tuner) with good sound, that I can move around
to gatherings of a cultural association I belong to.
It is so hard to move my system around... (I did it once!
I was too nice and not smart, but the audience was amazed!)
Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there something in the
$1,000-2,000 range? How about a pair of hi-end compact speakers also?
diavlos
If you can live without the tape player in the same box, check out the Linn Classik. It's a great piece of gear; Stereophile rated it Class B. A very elegant solution when paired with some effient monitors...I use B&W 303s.
I'd get the linn Classik if i were you and buy any quality mini monitors you want. Totems and Triangles are good. PMCs are better. Sonus Fabers.... (Guaneri Homage (very small)) the best! That is without a doubt the route i would go. - Ian
Another vote for the Classik. I like the Proac Tablette 2000's with my Linn, but I think a pair of Totem Rokk's would sound terrific too
look at the jbl lsr-28p powered studio monitors. These and a portable cd player are all you would need to provide high quality sound. The speakers have a 250 w/rms amp for the lows and a 100 w/rms amp for the highs..built in. The speakers have been tested at +/- 1.5 db. 43-20k. You'll have to go to sam ash music or guitar center to audition them as these are designed for the pro-audio market. You should be able to purchase these speakers for around $1400.00 pr. This system will provide simplicity, portability, and accuracy in a relatively simple package. Happy hunting. By the way the speaker components which consist of an 8" woofer and a 1" titanium tweeter are relatively compact (about 12-13" high by 11" wide by 10" deep) but do weigh about 40 lbs.
Just auditoned three mini systems at the good guys. Denon with mission speakers(599-699), Yamaha (399) and Nakamichi (499 without cassette deck, Don't remember the model number). Of the three I thought the newer Nakamichi out performed the other two even in less than perfect placements. Excellent imaging, low background noise, non hi-fi and very hi-endish sounding. That remids me other nakamichi sound space systems that I remember that was also exceptional. I believe it is called sound space 8. I highly suggest that you check out the nakamichi systems