Why do no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?

With the exception of some of there tube gear, not many really use this stuff(or admit to it anyway), I am mainly referring to there amps. They look pleasant, they look good on paper and have the price of high end gear, but I seldom hear anyone claiming to like or one day dreaming of owning McIntosh. I have never really listened to there stuff, no good word of mouth sort of scares me away from it, the only people who like it are those who sell it, an uncanny coincidence? I don’t know. Sorry it this has been covered many times in the past, I ran a search and could not find anything.
tireguy
Chadnliz; Yeah, I'm sure the only reason McIntosh isn't used in dealer demos is because the dealers/manufacturers think people are stupid. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do the quality of the gear.

Also, McIntosh can't tell people what they can and can't do with their gear.

Please.
Also, McIntosh can't tell people what they can and can't do with their gear.
No, but their attorneys can.
Boa2, unless I'm a dealer I can do whatever I want with a McIntosh.
What exhibitor at any show demonstrates with a product that they do not--or cannot--sell?
What's all this discussion about McIntosh?

The latest models are capable of running both OS X and Windows XP, so what's not to like?

Why are you guys talking about driving speakers with a McIntosh? Even my "workhorse" tower Mac (forget the laptop) could not possibly drive big speakers.

(Return to reality here :^).

By the way, I walked into the McIntosh booth at CES and after listening to their system, the representative ask what I thought. I replied (with a smile on my face), "You guys have great sound and I really admire your computers too."

The guy got really pissed, nearly threw me out of the room! Any company so full of themselves and showing such a shallow sense of humor does not deserve my respect.

The funny thing is, I was the sales manager of a high end store that was the highest volume McIntosh dealer in a five state area. Odd that he gets so haughty, I was peddling Mc gear (probably) before was even out of high school.

No wonder high end audio is in trouble.