I Take My Music Seriously

Sometimes too seriously. I can't help it. Being musical is something one is born with. Some people are more musical than others. I studied as a classical pianist for 12 years at the Conservatory of Music. What is your background? How musical are you and how seriously do you take your music system?
sabai
My background in music is playing drums off and on over the years. I played growing up in school bands and a neighborhood band. I take music very seriously. I take my music system seriously. My love for impactful music is very powerful. Listened to my first quality system, back in the early 70's. I have just gotten to the point where my current system is living up to my expectations. I am becoming happy with my music system for the first time, even though I thought I had reached contentment before. (I was wrong) This time I learned that the "right" preamp and a "great" preamp must back up a strong amp-speaker match to have a musical system. I consider myself to be very music-oriented. Hard Bop is one of my music passions but I listen to other genres from Progressive Rock to Soul. Another thing I'm learning is that when your music system is not right it restricts the genres of music you listen to. When your system is right, you want to listen to your whole music collection and buy more new music.
Bit of a loaded question. "Too seriously" is a very subjective phrase. So is "very seriously" and so on. The closer you get to "too seriously", the less fun you're going to have. Am I having fun? Yes, until something goes wrong and I shake my rattle at the sky as Paul Simon so poignantly put it. I love playing with the gear so this is the cherry on top of my love for music. I'm mechanically inclined so it's the only hobby I find fulfilling since music as a stand alone interest increases exponentially with the accessories. I did study guitar at the conservatory for three years until my limitations caught up with me. My hands outgrew my ability, they're huge. So I guess our hobby is what dreams are made of. If I ever get dementia, I hope it's music I get lost in. You never know, it could be a dream come true.
It's one of my favorite things. I like to spend a lot of time listening to music. I enjoy it. I try to not take it too seriously. Music should be enjoyable! I take as seriously as needed towards that end.
Amoungst my hobbies I include, and continue to enjoy, audio. It is fun. But it is not essential by a long shot.

Music is entirely different, it is essential to my well being. Most every day. I love music itself, but I also consider obtaining an understanding of music essential. The latter creates a social activity as well as broadens my understanding of performance practice v composer intent. Went to a 'concert' just last night. Pedestrian performer doing Chopin's music for solo piano. He explained everything going on historically and creatively.
Learned a lot I did not know about performance practices. My guests loved everything! They didn't even notice the piano was out of tune! :-) My audio/sound addiction raising it's head again. :-(