Selling dispute. Please comment.

I recently sold a pair of mono amps and checked the box that indicated the original manual was included. I never use the manual for something like this and just assumed the manual was in the box as there were some various papers from the manufacturer in the boxes.

The buyer got the amps safely and they are in perfect condition as described. I shipped the same day the item sold. Unfortunately the manuals were not in the boxes the amps came in. These were the original boxes, but the manuals are not there according to the buyer.

I sent him the link to download the pdf of the manual. He is not happy with that. I offered to print a color double sided copy (on good stock) at Kinkos for $20 (at my expense) and ship that to him. He says that the original manual was promised and that I have to deliver that to him. And that he dervers two of them since the amps came in two separate boxes. He is threating to kill the deal and dispute with audiogon and paypal.

I admit that I'm in the wrong for mis-stating that the manuals were included. I will attempt to order the manuals from the manufacturer on Monday, but I don't know that the manufacturer will provide them even if I pay for them.

I'd appreciate comments regarding this problem. Thank you.
jaxwired
Jax has positive feedback dated 9/3 on an amplifier, so hopefully it all worked out???
09-05-12: Acman3
Acman3,

Yes it would appear so....

Jaxwired's Feedback
Extremely fast shipping: bought the monoblocks Wednesday morning, Tom took them to the shippers at noontime, and I received them on Saturday. Well boxed and exactly as described - mint. Thanks, Tom.
Positive by Buyer -------- (24) on 09-03-12 re: Amplifier

Jaxwired Must be out of town as I notice he has not left feedback for the buyer as yet.

Hi guys. Sorry for the delay. Just haven't checked back in awhile. Yes, the buyer never said a word about the manuals I sent. But the day he got them (I sent them sig required), positive feedback appeared. And very positive feedback. Apprarently he was happy with those manuals. It was a relief. I did not return the positive feedback. That would feel disingenuous. I prefer to abstain on feedback this time. While he was within his rights, the way he went about things created unnecessary stress.

Thanks again to everyone that responded to this thread. The opposing views gave me perspective and the supporting views were comforting. : )
Wow, I'm shocked regarding the outcome. I was in the camp that he just had buyer's remorse.

In any case I'm happy for you. I will be thinking very carefully about checking that 'original manual' box from now on as I usually take it to mean 'do I have whatever original paperwork there was' and not specifically a 'manual'.
I'm glad everything worked out for the both of you. I wouldn't leave feedback either. I DO think that original boxes manuals and accessories are important though. I have all items for each unit in my system. It's nice to have a complete portfolio when possible. Thanks for the update and best of luck.