Sometimes Less is More?

I have a 12x12 sunroom with cathedral ceiling, tile floor, and windows on three sides.

It is by far the hardest room in my house acoustically.

I find less is more in this room. Small Triangle Titus monitors that only go down to 50 some hz or so seem to do best in there. Other speakers I use in there that extend lower tend to overpower the room resulting in fat obscuring bass.

So I am of the opinion that sometimes less is more, even in high end audio.

How about you?
128x128mapman
i think sometimes more is less.

what do i mean ?

more components and tweaks sometimes degade the sound.
Yeah, every small speaker has huge bass that defies their size lol.

I'm not saying driver size is the only factor. But when you essentially double the driver size and add a midrange compared to a speaker that's already overpowering a room, common sense will tell you it just won't work. I had a huge peak in bass response in that room. It wasn't the speakers I had -PSB Image T55, as I compared their frequency response chart against what I had using a Rives CD and Rat Shack meter. No matter what I did, I couldn't flatten out the bass in that room. The T55s weren't the most bass heavy speaker out there. The F12s are significantly fuller sounding , as I've heard them side by side in a good room.

I really like the F12. If I had a room big enough that they could breathe properly, they'd be very high on my list. My current room won't let that happen (different room than the above described room, but not much bigger in terms of space). I've heard the F12 do well in a medium sized room.

I know this is side tracking the thread. Sorry!
Had a Cary 300sei integrated with ProAc 1sc speakers. Room 12 x 13 the sound was magical. Remember Mapman to much sugar is not good for you sometimes less is more.