Richard Gray owners ISO..

Hi all,

I'm looking at the RGPC 1200 C power conditioner/surge protector gear for my mid hifi system. Rotel preamp, and Rotel power amps(Class D), Def Tech speakers, SVS subs(2), Oppo BDP-95, Rotel RCD-1072 cd player and an apple computer.

I notice RGPC don't have coaxial surge protection on there units. Any reason why there is no coaxial surge protection? I see they sell it as an accessory. Secondly, can anyone share their experiences with RGPC. I'm using a Furman PFi 15 power conditioner right now but would like to take advantage of the non current limiting feature of the Richard Gray products. It looks well built and if you have it in an audio rack does it hold up well in a rack?

Thanks in advance for responding. Much appreciated.

2007audioman
2007audioman
I have only had one experience with RG conditioners , I returned it quickly .
Tmsorosk..can you share your experience a bit more as to why you returned it? Thanks Tmsorosk.\

2007audioman
They definitely made an improvement to my last system, but not at all with my current components. I was going to sell my pair of rgp 400's but when I unplugged my Mac mini music server and found they made enough of an improvement with my source to keep them. I live in a 1930's building with old wiring and only 2 circuits for plugs and lights. My point is that, in my limited experience, power conditioning is equipment and building specific and should be auditioned before purchasing.