You never see this anymore

There was a company called Cello in the early 90's that would put a totally matching system for you. They had 3 price ranges. You could audition their systems at the cello music store in West Hollywood,Ca. I don't know of a company today that does this. Maybe audio is so dead nowadays people just don't care. FYI- Mark Levinson the man not the company owned Cello music systems.
taters
Cello was run by Mark Levinson after he sold his name! Was a marketing genius, he recruited a friend of mine to sell for him in that era. Some of the Cello gear was really good, most was marketing and sales though!
Mark did the same thing with Red Rose - I believe he had a dedicated studio in NYC. However, much of the stuff had a more than superficial resemblance to much cheaper stuff made in China, which I would imagine put some people off. Whether it was actually the same, I couldn't say.
There may not be a manufacturer, but there are companies that do it such as Ciamara.
Hey, where have you been. Just drop into a B&O store, and be sure to bring a fat wallet. There sound is always great and you can bring it back within 90 days if you don't like it. I have such a store in my town and do drop in for a listen, every once in a while. Oh, yes I have hi end brick and mortar store in my town but never go there anymore. Why? They know nothing about great customer service.
Am I missing something here? Or maybe I don't understand the question. Isn't this what Naim does? And Linn? Audio Note? And many others. Audio Research offers everything except speakers in varying price ranges and so do other manufacturers.

I agree with Elizabeth's comment about mixing and matching "With varying degrees of success".