how high is the drop test at ups?

just got a new set of high quality bookshelf speakers. one is doa. so i looked inside and the xover is snapped from the terminals and has a corner cracked off. i have never seen this before. there is no damage to the box. i wonder how this could happen. it looks like a powerful force must have developed even tho the crossover is heavy duty and weighs more than many.
hotmailjbc
Depends, if it is declared as a turntable, UPS will take it to the nearest twenty story building for dropping. Moral: is never ship a turntable, unless you can break it down to little pieces for assembly elsewhere. Pickup for demo and a cash payment is always best.
I've said before and I'll say it again. UPS is an acronym for Unbelieveably Poor Service and there is a reason their trucks are Sh*t Brown.
I hate to be the one to bring this up but there might be an issue collecting insurance (I'm assuming the package was insured) because the box has no damage to it. It is possible that the equipment got damaged without the box showing any damage. I had a couple of mono blocks where the same thing happened. Once the package reaches a certain weight, a drop of even 3' will damage the contents. This has been explained in other posts here. It's all a gamble and I don't believe one shipping company is better than the other, it all comes down to luck.
after closer inspection there are actually some capacitors and coils that have broke completely free of the xo's circuit board in addition to a crack running thru it. no damage to shipping box or cabinet at all. i could fix it if the company would send a new xover. but i,m sure everyone will duck and try to make the insurance company pay. by the time i make phone calls, drive to the city, make claims, wait, pay to ship, wait again etc i would rather just order a new xover and fix it myself and get to breaking them in the right way. ha. no big deal as i have plenty of cool sounds here. i'll report back......