Upgrading Fuses

Have a Audio Research Ref 3 and am considering upgrading the fuses but I am a little skeptical. Would like to hear from people who have try this. Hard to believe that fuses can make a substantial difference like the manufacturers claim. All advice appreciated.
128x128needfreestuff
I own 2 Krell KSA 250s and a pair of MDA 500s and have just double checked the owners manuals and according to the manual Krell has developed circuit topologies without fuses because they impact the sound quality. Instead they developed their own proprietary circuitry that self monitors the amp and will shut the amps down if their is a problem. I would be surprised if they would abandon this technology in more recent amps. Krell amps were developed to power up the legendary Apogee speakers and will play into a dead short. Some have even suggested one could arc weld with them. I would have copied and pasted from the manual directly but was not allowed because it is PDF form.
One might conclude that while the use of fuses is required to protect our expensive audio
equipment, it is not in the best interest of the components sonic potential,
thus the need for higher quality fuses to counter the effects of the fuses.
In fact many audiophiles have wired around the fuses or installed solid pieces of copper in place of the fuses for their systems sonic benefit. Of course this is risky, you could blow the hell out or your equipment! So I'll be safe and have better sound by buying audiophile fuses.
thus a better quality fuse that both protects the circuitry and p
Sorry to beat the heck out of this Krell fuse thing.
Interesting about the KSA 250, it's the only one I saw that does not use fuses. I looked at 4 or 5 other manuals and they all spec'd the fuses.
Vhiner - You have been redeemed ;)

Talk about getting OT...
Sebrof,

No redemption for me...I'm here to learn and I think your post generated some much needed insight into how at least one equipment designer views fuses, which I did not know about, namely that fuses may degrade sound. I was similarly skeptical when I first heard about amps with no fuses.