Number of yrs. to reach the finished line?

Ten long years and way to much $$$ lost running sometimes backwards and sideways.

No more for me. I am very happy with the end result and can live a very long time with what I have built.

The Lampizator / Tenor was what brought me to the end and took the longing out of me for better sound.

What say you?
128x128glory
Perhaps no finish line, but certainly a place and time for complete contentment in a system that can last for years.

Soundlab M1 speakers with a powerful (600 watts/side) SS amp and nice tube preamp has taken me to that place. I am certainly done for now, but perhaps not finished for life.
Did you notice that most of us "old farts" have been playing with equipment for a long, long time and hope(I can only speak for myself)to do so until we can't hear any more. I feel like a pup compared to some of you elder statesmen!
Before you can even think about finding the finish line, you have to actually know what you want to hear from your system. For example, if you like the Virtual Dynamics sound over the Stealth sound, that tells you something.

Next, you have to open up yourself and seek out and if you're lucky enough to find someone who knows more than you and understands what you're looking for, listen to them.

My search ended when I found Roger (Irish65), Peter Israelson, Craig Hampel (CH Acoustic), John Pharo (The Cable Company) and Mark (Tone Studio) and actually listen to them.

It doesn't sound like you've gotten there Gary, it sounds like you're still flying on your own. The reviews and Audiogon forum contains too many opinions by audiophiles who don't know you personally and your personal preferences.

Chuck