Complete 2.0 System for Under $3k?

Hi, I am new to the forums and relatively new to higher end audio so am looking for advice on the best way to construct a system on my budget.

I am trying to assemble a turntable, speakers, amplifier and anything else that I may need for under $3,000. I do not mind a mix of new / used equipment as long as it is relatively easy to find.

What would you recommend?

Appreciate the help!
gehrm
Gehrm, If I could, here are a few qn's. that the "agon brain trust" here might want to ask for starters:

Will you also be using CD's and electronic audio files, or would you like to start with vinyl sources only?

What kind of music do you listen to most often, e.g., hard rock, jazz, alternative, orchestral, ensembles, vocals?

What are the dimensions of the room where you most likely will be listening, and what are the walls and floors like?

Good luck!
re:
"That you find another hobby !!!!!!!!! :)"

Pls be sure to note the smiley face at the end.

IMO, That was just a tongue-in-cheek warning from TPReaves, to maybe spare our OP the obsessive agonies of budget creep, etc. that sometimes follow with this "hobby" ;)
Gehrm,
There are many other threads on this topic so search Agon forum, but here is a start:

Speakers:
Triangle Electroacoustique Comete ES 50-20K Hz, 91dB
Coherent, efficient, classic two-ways. - $500 used on Audiogon.

Integrated Amplifier with phono stage:
Unison Unico Hybrid Tube/SS Integrated 80wpc rms, 6Moons Component of the year, 2003 - $1000 available now on Agon

Turntable - Rega Planar 3 with RB-300 tonearm $550 used.
Clearaudio Aurum Beth S cartridge - $450 new.

Phono and Speaker cables - var. $400
----------------------------------------------------
There are some real vinyl experts here, so be sure to take their advice on the TT, tonearm and cartridge over mine, but this should give you an idea of what's possible.
Wow, is everyone taking the Memorial Day weekend off from serious posts?

I don't see why this can't be accomplished if your expectations aren't sky-high. There are several decent turntables available for $300-400 and some really good integrated amps in the $500-$1000 range. In this case I think it really comes down to the speakers, the room and how much amplification you will need. Tell us what your room is like and what kind of music you listen to and how loud.