Fast/Slow fuse?

I was looking for two kinds of fuses, one slow blow (10A, 250V) and one fast blow (4mA (?), 250V). Went to RadioShack and found that they had fast blow type fuse for 10A/250V and slow blow type for the other.
I just bought them anyway.
What would be the worst possible problem of using fast blow fuse instead of slow blow fuse, and vice versa?
128x128ihcho
Any REAL electronics supply house, in your area, should have the correct fuses for your equipment. Check your yellow Pages under, 'Electronic Equipment & Supplies'.
I've been to two ACE hardware stores and one RadioShack, but they all don't have them. I guess they are not real electronic shop.
What I want is 10A 250V slow blow fuse and 4A 250V fast acting fuse. I will go for online.

I guess using a fast acting fuse instead of a slow blow fuse may burn the fuse faster, but may not affect other electronic components. Am I right?
I guess using a fast acting fuse instead of a slow blow fuse may burn the fuse faster, but may not affect other electronic components. Am I right?
Ihcho

If the fuse is for a power amp it may not hold when the amp is first turned on. The initial inrush current for the power transformer and charging of the caps in the power supply could be many times the FLA (full load amps) of the amp. A slow blow fuse has a built in lag time for the initial inrush of current.
JEA48 is correct about the inrush current. Some manufacturers insist on blasting the current in, and the risk of blowing fuses is far greater. A good 30-45 second bleed of power in the circuit is far easier on the system, and fuses, but few do that. When in doubt, go fast blow, and get a few. Check the manufacturer request as they know the inrush current risks to the fuse. Jallen
A quick on line search did not result in any.
Some suggest that lower amp fuse may work. For example, 8A 250V slow blow fuse may work well without affecting other components.
Any idea?
thx