dual volume controls?

I see a few pre-amps with dual volume controls, which I would assume are for true dual mono designs-like the Quicksilver or Audible Illusions Modulus 3A-is dual volume control inherently better? Isnt it a pain in the ass to adjuster each control everytime? Thanks.
tbromgard
Post removed 
I wanted a no compromise volume control but also wanted all the conveniences of a remote so I had Blue Circle build a custom motorized 47 point dual mono Shallco attenuator for my preamp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/3768616815/in/set-72157619245521825/
In a world where the sound of cables and power cords are considered different it's odd how folks can't hear the ill effects balance controls have on sound Rrog. It would seem much easier to shift one's seating slightly.
A balance control can be very useful in bringing better soundstage focus. To say that the need for a balance control indicates problems elsewhere in your room/system is just plain wrong. If a designer/manufacturer can't design/implement a reasonably transparent balance control, then they probably aren't competent to design/build an entire preamp.
Why is it wrong Onhwy61? What else can cause the soundstage to be off center if it's not the room or system? I suppose the recording could be off center. But they won't all be.
A balance control is another filter between you and the music. I suppose there are a few folks that have high quality resistor based or digital pots but you would be surprised how many use off the shelf Alps or other cheap products.

Since it is your system, you should listen how you want.