Most Audiophiles by State

My wife was asking me this question. I thought it would probably be California.

Anyone know how we can get actual data? Thoughts?
I'm sure the magazines have a really good idea..
128x128jtwrace
Interesting question. You might also look at the number of 'boutique' audio dealers in each state as a rough proxy measure of audiophile density. They have to be selling to someone to stay in business. You might also make inquiries to the big online retailers like Music Direct and Audio Advisor about where most of their orders go, though they may be hesitant share such information.
There are listing agencies that could provide you for the certain price the e-mail list that would probably draw a statistical picture more precisely.
Since the upcoming census will track everything and everybody, including number of hairs on your head, if you have any, this question must be included. I can't think of another question that can be used to fuel a 'cash for audiophiles' program. Hey, if golf carts can now be had for free from the federal government, why not $5K amps. New amps would reduce the 'carbon foot print'. Enjoy the music.
Other States may start out with the most audiophiles but they all migrate to Florida eventually.drrsutliff