You can't have too many apostrophe's

Can we talk about this? Is it possible? Or by bringing it up, will I be relegated to that category of individual so many love to hate, the dreadful "grammar n?zi"?

Does it drive anyone else nuts that it seems that more and more adults in this country could evidently not pass a 5th grade English exam?

And is the increasing proliferation of "grocers apostrophes" THE single most annoying element of the above?!
paulfolbrecht
Dasashiznit Ellery911!

Rene, I have heard nothing but good things about that book. I am going to order it.
Paul,

You have made three miscues in this thread, the last being the missing "can" word in your final goodnight post.

Throwing stones at others about their grammar errors and swinging three times and missing is like Babe Ruth pointing to the outfield seats to indicate a home run and striking out.

The letter of the law kills. One error and you are guilty of the whole law.

Could it be like trying to get the speck out of your fellow Agon members' eye and having a beam in your own? LOL

I suggest you delete this thread and start over. =8^)
Glory, I know you're not quite serious, but you're missing the point. You pointed out typos, not grammatical errors, and in any case I want to know about mine (if I intentionally make any) so's I wont do allot anymore!
Paul posted, "This might be my last post in the thread. Now you guy can burn me in effigy; have a blast! :)" Apparently: he can't help himself(five posts post-posting that post), like so many others in these forums. Paul- You said, "Writing "arena's" when you mean "arenas" makes your writing quite awkward to read for somebody who understands the rules of grammar." I understand the rules of grammar fairly well, and yet have no problem whatever discerning what others mean when using even the worst forms of Pigeon English. Perhaps your comprehension problem denotes a certain lack of intelligence, or some failure of mental process, on your part. Have you been doing a lot of drinking/drugs, or experiencing many so called, "senior moments" lately? If you read those troubling posts more slowly, their meanings may come to you more easily . Not to mention- If you were to type slower, you'd probably find yourself posting more clearly as well. Best wishes, and I hope you can resolve your issues. =8^)
Paul,
An assured method of tempering your obsession is to deal with the illiterate on a large scale. The significance of correct grammar versus poor grammar is substantially diminished. The fact that people can convey concepts and ideas effectively is the most important part of our language. To discover the enormously large number of Americans denied the basic ability to read and write is shocking. Whatever the cause, they are in a left in a limbo without at least two-thirds of the ability to communicate. Spoken English has no real punctuation, only affectations, pauses and gestures for expression. Our efforts to duplicate those with punctuation underline the imprecise nature of our language. If you can grasp the concept conveyed then the language has performed its task.