Any audiophile who is on blood pressure medication

I was put on HBP medication couple weeks ago due to slight blood pressure elevated from 135/85 in am to 145/92 in early pm time and my life has been turning up side down. As much as I love to listen to the music and mess around with my equipments on my day-off, now I see myself tired all days coping with the side effects of different type of HBP meds. I have not be able to turn on my gear for weeks due to the lacking of energy and I wonder how do other audiophiles who has the same medical issue can overcome the tiresome to enjpy the music. Please share some thoughts .
andrewdoan
Andrewdoan,I am on Lisinopril and Simvastatin.Same thing happened to me for first week or so.I felt absolutely drained of energy.My Doc said start taking the pills before bed instead of the a.m. Also, someone said I needed a vitamin 'd' supplement.I started on both those actions,and,like a charm ,(or perhaps a placebo,idunno)I started feeling 'normal' in a couple of days.Just my story FWIW.....Cheers.
Gentlemen, I think that I have tried every blood pressure med known to man. Lisinopril was working the best with the smallest side effect.. Recently, my doc put me on Benicar HCT... I have NO side effects and my energy levels have returned to normal. Just a thought you may want to consider. Without meds, my blood pressure is 180/120 without medication, with the new med is it 135/90. I now am excersing regularly and feeling good. Thanks to all who were so kind with the posts.
Yep! Exercise, eliminate salt intake, lower carb intake, stop eating read meat, oat meal for breakfast, fish oil, garlic tablets, green tea, water, water, water.. oh yes and sleep, lots of sleep.. which you can't help but do because most of this stuff wears you out.

If I missed anything let me know. Some of the meds effect short term memory.
I began taking Benicar (this is my 6th day) after ending up in ER with a BP of 209/108. So far no side effects that I am aware of. Yesterday my BP was 137/74 so it seems to be doing its intended purpose very well.

I hope you get your meds straightened out. Adverse side effects were of a major concern I expressed to my doctor and he felt Benicar would be a good med for me. So far, so good.