Sell Hi-Fi and invest in stock market?

Should i sell my expensive gear and put the money in the stock market? Hopefully I could get a large gain and buy better equipment down the road. Anybody doing this?
128x128pugstub
From now till March 15 investing is a total gamble. Until Obama is inaugerated and has authored some legislation it is way to early to know how the market will react, even after he has asked Congress to pass such and such or confirm so and so we will not have any good answers till we see what Congress does. Hence, keep your rig but be prepared.
If you have to sell your gear to invest in sticks then sorry mate - you missed the boat. Great bargains right now even if it goes a lot lower!
Sell gear and buy stocks? You got to be kidding. You ain't seen nothing yet. China just announced their sitution is dire and the Nightly Business News did a piece on Chinese unemployment breaking the social contract (pay me the money and I'll keep my mouth shut).

My regret is that I didn't buy some more gear before the crash. I'd rather be down 30% after a spending spree and end up with something to enjoy rather than lose 30% in a puff of smoke.
Check out www.jsmineset.com and see what is really happening with our global economy - imagine the future deals and inventory you will be seeing on audiogon to come.
Maybe.....8 years from now....take it from a big dog....things have'nt gotten bad yet. When they can't give a NYSE seat away....buy...buy...and buy!