Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Hi BH80231 – you can’t be late for this ET2 party. Its been going on for over 20 years… This tonearm has stood the test of time – like Dertonarm likes to say

Frogman – I think a lot of people would love to see your setup. My email is [email protected]

BH - I tend to move gear around including preamps so for now I need a portable sturdy solution. Soldering is not my forte, I can do it if need be but not like a professional. I am absolutely thrilled with that wiring loom, the creation of Gene at Take Five Audio. It was made for me. It can be reproduced by him and others I’m sure. I have no background hum at all - fingers crossed. Those WBT nextgen connectors – expensive but really nice.

Will post more about the damping later… Dover turned me on to this one on this thread – Dover are you out there ?
Thanks so much guys. @Frogman, yes please on pics, email is [email protected]. I am in Denver, but would gladly pay 2-way shipping for the chance to test drive a loom! I get to NYC 2 or 3 times a year for a customer, but it is sporadic at best.

Bruce sent me some special 3M adhesive strip rather than velcro for the trough. My paddle just barely makes contact with the surface as it should, like I mentioned, my trough has a twist, it is as straight as it can be, but is not true. I tried to true it prior to install, but... it's okay -- like you said, you don't fill it up. I think it is doing its job fine, and the leeching has stopped, maybe I jostled it at some point.

@Ct0517, would you email more specifics on how to order a loom from Gene, more detail on the build or components? Looks like he is in Canada? I'm a former bench tech (30 years ago!), so pretty comfortable with an iron, but am not above paying for expertise either.
Everyone,

This is an apology. Sincerely, I apologize to everyone, especially Chris. I've re-evaluated several things (personal) and I really think I can do much better.
I've evolved in good ways and my system has come along with me. I think I do have things to offer.
So I ask you, if you all will let me back in, to accept my posts as thoughtful and from my audio heart.
We all have detailed and thoughtful analysis of our systems and components. We express our thoughts on each of these and yet, we aren't focusing on a specific source!

This seems to be an obvious ommision of extreme consequense. This thread is about ET owner's experiences with this arm in our, varied systems. While our systems vary, our source doesn't have to. So, my suggestion is that we, as ET owners, discuss our experiences with this arm in our different systems with one, (agreeable) recording, (lp) in mind. To me, this makes perfect sense.