You know when you are dealing with a BS company....

...when you read statements like this:

"You can expect a 15% to 20% improvement in sound for each level as you move up the line. The improvements are in soundstage, resolution, realism, musical presentation, impact, etc."

Me: yeah, the humidity in my room changed from 44 to 45% yesterday, and I immidiately noticed that the realism dropped by 3.4%, yet the musical presentation actually WENT UP by 8.3%. I was able to compensate by turning the lights on in the kitchen and changed my socks. Puh, that was close.

kraftwerkturbo

I surmise that this whole OP started is when the marketing material used “numbers” that really bother some analytical person thinking “you can’t use numbers based on nothing”.  Really puts a bee in their bonnet.

The claimed sound improvement percentages should be multiplied or divided by the square root of negative one. That's probably somewhere in the fine print.

Frankly, if I don't trust their marketing, then I don't trust the company.  

BTW, you can test cables and correlate to sound quality.  What one cannot do is one test that tells you every thing.  

For example, a cable has an input and an output.  So the power you put in had better Match the power you get out as well as match the frequency spectrum.  It's not hard to measure mW or nW or uW, but no one does it.  It's a bit expensive to measure shielding effectiveness but no one does that either.  Both of these are big ticket sound destroyers, but I never see anyone advertising those numbers.  

With BS marketing hype, you don't have to worry about this factor: brand A cable holds the King Position with shielding effectiveness from 50 Hz to 50 MHz with a min of -40 dBm but now brand B cable comes out with shielding effectiveness to 52 dBm.  Oops, brand B is now the better cable, and brand A is somewhat obsolete.

And we didn't even mention power loss in the cable...

"You don’t HAVE to read the garbage these people put out.

Measurements don’t work on cables. Period. Many say they don’t work on anything else either. So if you believe a particular cable might give a better sound FOR YOU, then you will have to LISTEN TO IT IN YOUR SYSTEM."

TRUTH!

Post removed