"You cannot handle the truth"

Should anybody be weary about any equipment (mostly new) that are barely used, no way near the usual break-in period, before putting it on sale?

Like, why would anybody used it for, say, 70 hours or so, then decided to sell?  It's always a red flag to me, as if it's some kind of lemon, some forgotten freight being fall off from a truck, or the equipment sounds woeful....   I would not think any legit dealer would be that casual neither.

Not to upset anybody.... would love to hear some reasonable explanations such that I don't make the wrong assumption...
bsimpson
I think it is funny that no one here gets it.

And some here may be offended. Others not.

But we're talking about audiophiles. I don't know that I've ever encountered a group of people so driven by discontentment, greener grass and what's over the next rainbow coupled by an inherent level of subjectivity that so few are willing to admit or embrace.

Such a combination can only lead to perpetual equipment turnover. Even when hardly used. There is always something better. There is always that bad review. There is always that guy on Audiogon who doesn't like the new gadget you just sold your kidney for. Time for a new one.
Sometimes, you just bought something you don't like. You read all the reviews and it's the 'greatest HiFi item ever', 'best for the money', 'giant-killer', etc etc, and it sucks right out of the box. That's how this hobby works. Someone takes the plunge and buys the components only to find it didn't fit his dream of audio Nirvana and we benefit from them liquidating it. Nothing to wonder about.
And, I can't even begin to remember how many magnificent pieces of stereo equipment I've sold over the years looking to move on to the next thing. There's no Rhyme or Reason to it. It's Audio Nervosa.