Yamaha A-S2100 vs Technics SU-G700

Hello Everyone,
Looking to see if anyone has A/B these two units. I am looking for an int amp to pair with Dynaudio C20 speakers. For now I have the bluesound node2 streamer which I will replace with something much better later. But for now I need to know how these two sonically compare. I do realize that yamaha is class a/b design and technics is class D. Thoughts would be much appreciated yet and please do not recommend a 3rd int amp :-). I prefer open airy (not thing n bright sound) decent mid and tighter bass. 

Yamaha as2100 ~ $3,499
Technics SU G700 (built in dac) ~ $2,500

Thanks!
danimaz

Showing 1 response by georgehifi

danimaz

You Might want to look at the more advanced but slightly less power Technics SU-G30 also, which uses the newest GaN Class-D amp technology.
It's a network server, Bluetooth, MQA as well as integrated amp and dac  
https://www.technics.com/us/products/grand-class-g30/network-audio-amplifier-su-g30.html

Wi-Fi Capability

You can connect the SU-G30 to a network via a home LAN system using a cable or with a wireless configuration (IEEE802.11a/b/g/n). The built-in Wi-Fi function lets you easily connect to a network without using a LAN cable even if your PC or broadband router is set up in another room.

Bluetooth® Capability

The SU-G30 is also equipped with a Bluetooth® function that supports aptX® and AAC. This lets you stream music easily from a Bluetooth®-ready device.

MQA

This unit includes the MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) technology, which enables playback of MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording.

TIDAL, Spotify and vTuner Supported

In addition to DLNA and USB playback capability, the SU-G30 supports TIDAL, Spotify Connect and vTuner. For vTuner, use the Technics Music App to select stations and listen to a wide variety of broadcasts.

Cheers George