Wilson tiny tots

Hi,

I just purchased two used Wilson tiny tots.    I do not have an amp yet.   I would like to have two channels connected to the TV.     My music, these days is through YouTube and I would love to play movie sound through the two Wilson’s.   Can you connect an amp through optical or HDMI directly to the TV then out to the speakers?   what amp do you recommend

I’m looking to spend $2000 or less.   As you can see I’m an amateur don’t be afraid to give a lot of detail.  

thanks

craig 

craigdemling

Actually, looking at the Hegel specs, that amp may well be able to drive the WATTs (it seems to be rated into two ohms, albeit at 60 watts into that load).  A little more than the OP wanted to spend though, even used.  Audiotroy used to be, or may still be, a Hegel dealer, he might be able to chime in.

I'd still question the WATTs as the best choice for a home theater, though, given the lack of bass.  The WATTs also need stands, are finicky in setup and work best out in a room away from walls, don't know if that's going to be a problem for the OP.

Agree not the right speaker for what you’re looking to do, with limited experience and budget. Would suggest selling the Wilsons and just do a full Sonos system. In the end you’ll be happy. Other option, still sell the Wilson's and look for a Marantz HTR with half of your budget and spend the rest on something a lot easier to drive that is a floorstander that has much more bass. If you buy the speakers used you’ll get a lot more bang for your buck. You can probably find a lot of used speakers for $1,000 plus whatever you get out of the Wilson's that will serve you better for what you’re looking to do. Good luck.

I'm happy with the KEF LS50 Wireless II for both Roon and TV.  It accepts Ethernet and eARC.  Gone from our living room is the rack of equipment.  I augment the speakers with a pair of KEF KC62 subs, but that's not really necessary.  The KEF DSP app I run on an iPad does a great job of integrating speakers and subs. 

op we h ave experience with wilsonsand av setups

please reach out to us and we can assist you

dave and troy

audio intellect nj