Wilson Sophia vs Usher Mini Dancer II

A friend of mine just purchased a pair of the Usher Mini Dancer II with the diamond tweeters. I was impressed with just how good this speaker sounds. Extended, sophisticated highs with lots of 'sparkle' and 'air' and robust tunefull bass with a good dose of impact.

I was leaning towards a used pair of Wilson Sophia II's as my 'box' speaker of choice, but now I am not so sure. Wonder how these two speakers would compare? A used set of Sophia's will run around $7k, about twice the cost of a nice used pair of Mini Dancer....
stickman451
The mini dancer ii’s are a very good speaker for its size and price. The problem with the md ii’s is the bass response. There is a lot of bass, it took me days/weeks to get them positioned correctly in my 27’x16’x12’ dedicated room. Was driving them with the rogue Cronus magnum ii with kt-120 tubes. Bass was way too wobbly, this was the setup that the op listened to the md ii’s. I upgraded to the Hegel h300 ss int amp and things improved quite a lot, especially in the bass. I’m an Usher fan with multiple pairs of their speakers around the house (cp6381, 601’s, 520’s) I wanted to get the larger Ushers for my dedicated room. I’ve heard the BE-10’s and the 8571’s and decided to go the route of the x-towers. I loved the be-10’s. The x-towers have the same dmd tweeter and 11” Eaton bass driver as the be-10’s but the x-towers have a 7” mid and have the bass driver in a separate cabinet. Since getting these speakers, I swapped out the Hegel for a new mcintosh preamp with a ps audio bhk 250 amp. IMO, I would take the x-towers or be-10’s over any magnapan speakers, even the 30.7’s that I heard. The Maggie’s have some good qualities to them but quality bass output and quality highs (which the ushers deliver in spades) are not in their repertoire 
I had the Usher BE-20 DMD's until recently using a hegel h360 to drive them. They replaced a pair of Revel salon 2's. I'm not going to say they're better, but with the hegel in my room they were smoother with unlimited dynamics and the widest soundstage i've heard. I bought them used on a whim and my house is too small for them but I would recommend them without hesitation.