Why so many angry audiophiles?

Just wondering. Music is supposed to soothe the soul. If you are in reasonably good health for your age, have a good system and good music to play on it you have it pretty good it seems to me. These are blessings! Be thankful for what you got?

Just a thought.  That's how I see it.
128x128mapman
@rok2id ,

I am not sure there is any connection between "audiophile" and "music."

Unfortunately there is a tendency among us to take things too seriously. 

Every single show I've been to (plus a few demos) have had an over intense atmosphere prevalent. Sometimes even the demonstrators/designers/dealers get caught up in it. 

Usually the visitors are a group of taciturn, serious looking men trying to focus upon the sound with great intensity. 

It's often feels more like we're auditioning the performers rather than enjoying the performance. I'm usually exhausted towards 5 o'clock on such occasions.

With such high prices and livelihoods at stake it's hardly surprising that there are some strong feelings on display. 

Money always tends to do that, but the events of the past year will have done little to lower blood pressures either. 

Don't believe me? Well how about putting some money on the outcome of some hitherto uninteresting sporting contest and then watch how quickly it becomes an object of temporal obsession.

Fancy a snail race anyone? No? 
How about the outcome of certain vaccine delivery programs?
I think this thread touched important issues (that we face daily) indeed consider it relevant. As to me, 
I completely share the thought of @tomcy6. 
@unreceivedogma
@mapman

http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html

good contribution - that was worth the read

we kinda all know this, but it is nice to see it laid out so clearly and we are reminded of how quality posts enhance the value of the conversation and the forum overall

applies for handling disagreements outside of online forums also