Why no Virtual System pics??

I’m surprised that not more people have pictures off their set-ups... there are very few contributors, some regular contributors, some long time members, with zero pictures of their systems..
Why do you think that is?  Are they worried that someone is going to steal their stereo because they see pictures of it?  Or are people ashamed of their systems?  
I don’t get it.  It’s much easier to understand where someone is coming from when you see their setup!

post some pictures people!!!  Sheesh

It’s like showing up to the basket ball court with no ball.  Going to the ski slopes, sittin in the lodge, talking about how awesome the powder is with no ski’s.  
128x128b_limo
Based on my observation of this resource, many folks feel ashamed or inferior to post their system, especially if it doesn’t have Pass, Luxman, Vitus and Gryphon in it (let’s be honest, it’s been years since majority has been bringing up only the same brands). Also, there are posters who are here simply for shilling, flaming  or trolling.

I think anybody who has the ability to recommend something MUST post his/her system, otherwise, personally, I won’t take their opinions as serious. Others shouldn’t either.
@mijostyn said:
Jaytor, no turntable? Real audiophiles have turntables:)

I know you're asking with a bit of tongue in cheek, but I'll answer anyway since I get the feeling a lot of people here share this opinion.

In the 70's and 80's, I had a lot invested in my phono playback system and record collection. I probably went through 8 or 9 turntables including a Linn Sondek, Oracle Delphi, and Goldmund Studio which were pretty high-end tables in their day.

In the early 90's, my job took me from MA to CA and then to WA with several houses along the way. I had little kids at home and no safe place to set up the turntable so I had to simplify my system. After moving my several thousand records to the third house in three years without ever unpacking them, my wife convinced me to sell them. 

I don't really regret leaving vinyl but do feel a bit sick to my stomach when I think about how much more money I could have gotten for them if I had hung on to them for another ten years. 

These days, I really enjoy finding new music and get a bit bored listing to the same music over and over. A good phono system with a record library large enough that I wouldn't be bored silly with it would cost me well into five figures. And I'd probably listen to it a fraction of the time I listen to digital because I really like the ability to find new music and the convenience of not having to deal with changing records, cleaning them, keeping my turntable in perfect tune, etc.

Roon and Tidal (and now also Qobuz) are what rekindled my interest in 2-channel audio. I love having access to such a huge library and being able to set up playlists, or just let Roon choose for me. And my digital playback system, while not being state-of-the-art, sounds incredibly good. 

If I'm going to spend this much money on audio, I'd much rather have the funds available to improve other aspects of my system. 

Jaytor I feel nauseous along with you sometimes.I gave most of my vinyl away and switched to digital years ago.
Many of us with modest systems enjoy sharing pictures of our rooms and components, illustrating and describing our journeys to audio nirvana on small budgets.