Why do my bass drivers shake violently listening to vinyl

Hello Gon'ers,

Help needed. I took the grills off my new Vandersteen Treo CT's recently and noticed that when listening to vinyl, the bass drivers shake violently, meaning the amount and frequency in which they travel in and out. Then I played the same pieces of music from Tidal and they were relatively calm.

Is this some kind of feedback loop causing this? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!
Joe
128x128audionoobie
@limomangus I haven't been listening to my vinyl rig since I discovered the issue. Streaming only.
Write or call Richard Vandersteen. He is very responsive and has your answer. 
You won’t see the woofers dancing if they are in an enclosure that constrains motion at subsonic frequencies. You also won’t see them dancing if the preamplifier or amplifier in the upstream chain cannot pass subsonic frequencies, e.g., if you use a transformer coupled tube amplifier or if you have engaged a subsonic filter on your preamplifier. In either of those two cases, the woofers are protected from damage AND you won’t experience the audio distortion associated with the woofer dance. However, if rumble is present due to some sort of feedback (acoustic mechanical or electrical) at the source, these palliative measures do not prevent or cure it. In any system, the presence of rumble does not always cause the woofer dance. Audionoobie, if you have done the experiment of borrowing another TT to see whether the problem persists, and if the problem does persist, then I give up,... you need a rumble/subsonic filter, best inserted between your phono stage and your linestage.