Why didn't I sell my vinyl rig?

I've recently moved heavily into streaming and digital playback.  That system's core is the Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC with an Innuos Zenith Mk 3 / Phoenix USB.  Just added a LHY Audio SW-8 ethernet switch. Great cables all the way around. By most standards this is a reasonable mix of gear.  I run the Innuos Sense App as it sounds better than Roon. Love the convenience of digital and infinite supply of tunes from Qobuz.  My problem is this.  My vinyl rig generally sounds better.  Sometimes by a wide margin. Do others with both rigs have the same problem?

128x128skinzy

Having recently gotten back into the game in a big way, with vinyl and digital, frankly I’m blown away with how good my cd collection sounds. A great DAC and a dedicated quality (CEC) cd transport really deliver. Vinyl has a bigger range of listening quality. At its best, it’s wonderful, particularly with some of my recent, unblemished purchases. The other good thing about vinyl is that I’m more apt to chill, and listen to a side of music, instead of zipping ahead after a favorite solo.

I'm a step down:  Innuos MKII, Auralic DAC, decent but not great cables and no switches.  Scheu turntable into the onboard phono section of a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III.  New and well-cared-for vinyl often sounds better but by inches only, not yards.  Surprising to me, I've made some A-to-D rips with an RME babyface and Isotope Rx that sound better then some commercial CD remixes.

My digital is Aurender N10 + Esoteric K03

My vinyl is JR Transrotor + SME V + Air Tight Supreme PC 1 + Allnic H3000

My digital sounds excellent but the vinyl does blow it away. Vinyl has more of a presence.  More emotional connection with the music.  

I have generally thought my digital front end sounds pretty good , however I just bought a turntable and it sounds REALLY good with a modest cartridge and cheap NAD phono pre.    Hopefully a much better phono pre will really elevate performance.    

I regrettably sold my turntable about 10 years ago when someone in my family snapped the stylus off. Fortunately I kept some really good vinyl.   I was up until 1 AM spinning wax .....