Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7
Had for years B&W 801 with Classe CAM 350 Mono`s. Good for that time period, but the massive bass was not quick enough.
Now 2 Westend Tube Amps and Gauder DARC 200.
Simply perfect and utmost easy to setup. No-brainer for people like me, sitting in my room on different locations and having still always the same excellent sound.
Justmy2cents
Streaming now as well with a Burmester Musiccenter 151. Absolute great device, but also crazy expensive

The original Talons failed to impress but eventually Mike got it right and the latest versions are excellent.  Gave a pair of Fritz monitors away after a month of suffering a bright upper end and total non-linearity.  (Owner was reluctant to take them back and credit me.) Owned a pair of ProAc Supertowers and did my best keeping their metal tweeters tamed by using all tube gear, but those metal tweeters could be harsh!  
Regarding the above references to the U District dealers in Seattle, one notable omission: The Audio Connection. John has been an excellent resource and dealer with an unvarnished, though sometimes biased opinion, with a fabulous ear.  He specializes in offering excellent AND affordable systems.  
I owned three of the Speakerlab kits before going mainstream and the best of them all was the Speakerlab 30 which was designed by Milo Nesterovic.  That was a great speaker.  
Focal Sopra 2.

There is an amazing shortage of speakers in my state to audition, so I spend hours reading online. I was pretty convinced these speakers at $19K would be fantastic.

Auditioned with moon separates but was disappointed in the total lack of any bass. One of my favorite tracks is Gordon Lightfoot’s If You Could Read My Mind - there was so much music missing, totally disappointing.
@bgm1911I had a listen to some high end focal speakers. They had no bass. I think all focals are like that.