Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues

" that I completely fail to detect any of the sonic shortcomings that georgehifi claims exist on my amps due to traditional FET transistors, the switching frequency being too low and the filter used to remove this switching frequency being of poor quality."  

Hi mapman,

This quote from one of georgehifi's previous posts is actually my words from a post that has since been deleted by a moderator for some unknown reason.
      I was referring to georgehifi's frequent comments criticizing good class D amps, which I consider myself to be a user of,  as all having sonic shortcomings due to using traditional slower FET transistors, the switching frequencies being too low and poor quality filters used to remove these signal carrier frequencies.  My point being my total failure to detect any sonic shortcomings in any of my 3 good quality class D amps despite his persistent claims that these shortcomings exist.

Nevertheless, I believe the questions from your last post, directed at georgehifi, remain very relevant questions:

George what specific amp or amps are you referring to in regards to "sonic shortcomings"? Two or 3 examples will do if you could.

Also what amp or amps specifically are you comparing with to reach that conclusion? What were the shortcomings of those?

Are you comparing apples/apples in terms of cost?  

What are your reference recordings used to make the assessment?

Just to be clear I’m asking what you have specifically heard, not what you deduce from other sources.

Being a technical guy, I’m sure you can appreciate the value of being specific and not making generalized statements based on a limited sample.
     Georgehifi has consistently refused to answer all questions about his claims of sonic shortcomings in recent class D amps in general.  He's failed to respond to requests to elaborate and be more specific on his claims of sonic shortcomings from myself, several others and now from yourself.
     Based on georgehifi's numerous responding posts on many class D threads, it's fairly obvious to me that he has little to no experience actually listening to good quality class D amps.  
    I say this not only because his descriptions of what these claimed sonic shortcomings sound like are very vague but also on his obvious inability, and often just refusals to respond to requests, to be more specific in his descriptions of what these sonic shortcomings actually sound like.
      Because of the above, the complete lack of supporting evidence of his claims from any source  and my and others' complete failure to detect these sonic shortcomings in any of our good quality class D amps, I've reached the baffling conclusion that he's fabricated his claims of sonic shortcomings for some unknown reason.
      Although he frequently states he'll buy class D amps once they are perfected, I now consider this an attempt to disguise his true prejudices against class D and possible ulterior motives for his statements, unsupported theories and comments.

Tim

Again
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1b/88/ec/1b88ec3004d2072c83a13a03cf7a8d05.png

Like I said, it’s owners like you that will be the first to jump into this new GaN technology once you realize what you’ve gotten used and missing out on. 

With my Merrill Audio Veritas class d amps I do not hear any musical shortcomings as some here/hear have speculated...That is of course within the confounds of my system and my musical priorities..The Veritas amps can produce that magical quality of live music being sorted out in front of me with none of that sugar coating of sound that just gets in the way of any high quality recording.     
     I can't imagine someone ever thinking these amps are subpar in any possible way..unless you like that sort of glossed over sugary sound presentation.. Are they a perfect amp for all people? No...But such a beast does not exist.. I have talked with Merrill and he assures me the new proprietary Element amps of his design are a huge step up from the Veritas amps in every way that is musically important to me. If that be the case...they will be very special indeed.  
     GaN technology just might bring that promised mythical beast of a near perfect amp within reach of the audiophile community at large..we shall see.I have my eyes set on the 114's when they become available late spring/early summer this year... 8)
georgehifi,

I was hoping the link you included in your post was finally some, ANY, information supporting your false claims about class D sonic shortcomings.  But no, you're just continuing your evasion and refusal to answer questions meant to clarify exactly what these dubious sonic shortcomings actually sound like.  
     It has become increasingly obvious that you have little to no experience listening to good quality class D amps and that the reason actual owners and users of good quality class D amps are unable to discern these supposed shortcomings is because they do not exist.  
     Please understand that without a shred of supporting evidence, your inability/refusal to answer ANY clarifying questions and the absolute inability of users to perceive even a hint of your imaginary shortcomings, your claims have lost all credibility just as you are losing yours.
    On the positive side, those GaN transistors seem interesting.

Later,
  Tim

At some point, folks need to be less critical of others with whom they disagree. Piling on with repeated posts is a form of abuse towards a member that the moderators regularly condemn and remedy by removing posts.

George has stated he has heard a variety of class D designs in a variety of threads. Maybe doing a small amount of research before posting questions about his not having done so is in order.