what to do with 1000+ CD's, many imports and live concerts

Sadly my cousin passed away recently.   She was a huge Eric Clapton & Bob Dylan CD collector and other assorted Blues, Rock acts.   I've ripped FLAC versions of the few CD's that were of interest to me but I now have a huge collection of what appear to be "Limited Edition", Japanese and European imports, Promo Copies, MFSL, etc piled high in my den.  

Does anyone have any advice as to how best remove the collection from my house quickly?  I also want to make sure I'm not selling a "rare gem" for a $1.  I'm not in the CD selling business and have a day job so it's not feasible for me to list them one by one.  

Are there any particular CD's that I should be looking for in the collection?  Is Audiogon the place to sell a lot such as this or are there more appropriate marketplaces?

bbyer

Showing 2 responses by folkfreak

If you have the time the best tool for quick valuation is Discogs. Using their app you can scan bar codes and get a valuation on the spot.

I'd then sell on eBay using very conservative (i.e. Low) prices and fixed duration sales with free shipping (media mail) and eBays global shipping service. This is about as easy as it can get but you are still looking at 10 minutes of so a CD
As @rar1 points out the MFSLs and DCCs are the go to items

Quick scan on Discogs of Clapton+MFSL+CD shows values of $35-100 per CD, pick of the crop is "Derek & the Dominoes - In Concert" UDCD 2-660 with a median sale price of $110

In other words with a 100 collectibles at say an average of $30 each you have something that's worth your time

And I personally think using the discogs app is fun 😀  the ebay app is equally easy to use