what spkrs work with an 8008st???

looking for advice anyone can offer on a good speaker in the $2000-$4000 range that matches well with the aragon 8008st.

just purchased this amp and running a pair of rogers p-22s with an audio research sp-9 mk3.

it may be my room more than anything which at the moment lacks a sofa and many other sound absorbing objects.

problem is when the volume gets a little high, mid range gets muddled and unclear.

any suggestions on a good match with the 8008st would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jp
jpwack
A more important question would be: "Which speakers are right for my room?"

To answer that we need to know how big the room is that will house your system. Any speaker recommedation that actually worked would only be a coincidence without knowing the room size.

How big is the room?
N.E.A.R. 50Me II

used is the only option, they don't come along too often however
I've heard good synergy between the Aragon amps & Vandersteen speakers. 3A's would be nice match.
Cheers, Spencer
A fellow with Quad from England told me that he thought this amp combines fabulously with the 988's. I don't know if that is something you would consider.
I have an 8008 running a pair of Dynaudio Contour 3.3's. Awesome sound, detailed and very accurate, and when I turn it up, my ears give out before the speakers do. Most of my listening is a lower levels and I really love the detail and smoothness of vocals and strings. But with hard rock, organ music, and big symphonies, the clarity and lack of distortion at high volume levels is amazing! I paid $3700 for my 3.3's a bit more than a year ago. You can probably find a pair for less than that now.