What should I use for filling B&W FS700 speaker stands (for use with B&W 705s)?

Hello all - I have a question that has paralyzed me up to this point.  I want to add mass to my FS700 speaker stands that support my B&W 705 speakers.  I want to make them less "tippy" mainly.  I am also concerned about adversely or positively affecting the sound quality with whatever I choose.  Lead shot is very expensive, but I am considering it.  Are there good alternatives I should look at?  Steel shot?  Sand (kinda messy)?  What about small landscape rock (1/2" or less)?  Any suggestions from this community would be most appreciated.  - Bob 
meinhard
I mixed it before and then shook it around has best I could to settle it a bit. 

unsound makes a good point. Don't eat the led. I know its tempting but you have to control yourself.
Doesn't poison the sound of my Totem Signature 1's on my Target Stands because they have Herbie's Fat Dots on all 4 corners .
Lead also poisons the sound, especially in the bass region. Terrible stuff! 🎷

Mapleshade used to use a lot of lead in shows as well as recording. A helper would take 200 lbs of lead to the shows. But he eventually learned, the hard way. The stuff is bad news.
I have a great pr of Target stands from England ,12 inches of led shot and 12 inches of  sand box sand , quite fine, shake as you go mixes with led .
 Must be 40-45 lbs .
I use a combination of three different material in my Dynaudio stand 6,s comprising of sand, lead shot and kitty litter in equal parts.
tecknik - how do you mix these three materials?  Right in the stand or before you fill?  Thanks.....
Sand and led shot. Most wheel weights they use to balance tires are led. Garages usually have buckets filled with old wheel weights just laying around. If you ask around, you should be able to get some for free.
Post removed 
I use a combination of three different material in my Dynaudio stand 6,s comprising of sand, lead shot and kitty litter in equal parts. Check the manufacturers recommendation first on how high to fill the stands up, some recommend 3/4 or their about . 

Ultimately you want your stands to be dead when you tap them , too much sand can add to much base and make the speakers sound a bit dead rather then alive so to speak. Trial and error.