What's First, Interconnects or Speaker?

I have mediocre cables currently and will purchase used cables soon, like Acustic Zen Abslute, Nordost Valhalla, or Synergistic Research Precicison. My budget will allow me to buy in stages. Starting with the best performance first, where should I start my purchase in these stages? I figure six plus months between purchases. I have 2 analogued bi-amped amps, 1 Tube pre-amp, plus redbook cd and one turntable. All advise is welcome. To see the Brands, please refer to my other question under the same name, "which cables to purchase".
Thanks, Sargentfriday
sargentfriday
Longer lengths are specified for spdif (coax) cables. Does the same hold forth for optical (toslink) cables?
No. The principles which make a 1.5+ meter length optimal for spdif coax cables are not applicable to optical cables.

Which is not to say that length won't make a difference with optical cables, but I have no particular knowledge of the factors that would be involved.

Best regards,
-- Al
Oh man! Homework! Looks like I get out the Electrical Engineers Dictionary, Electronics for Dummy's, to figure out what "Almarg" is talking about, and then apply those principles. What a foolish thought, to think this would be easy. Al's the kind of guy I would make a point of setting next to in the College Cafeteria, but not say a word in cross talk. I'm coming from "I just love driving the car, I don't know how to work on it" frame of mind. But now I know what to say to the marketing guy without being B.S.'d big time. Thanks Al, wished you lived close though. Please keep the input coming Audiogoner's, and thanks everyone for the advise and support.