What is wrong with my system?

Hi everyone -

I’m posting here because individually I think my components are all good, but together my system is not making music, rather is is making bright bass less noise. Honestly, I’m thinking it’s no one component, but the matching of components that is causing this issue. I would like to get everyone’s opinion as to what I’m hearing. My components are as follows:

B&W 802D (first generation diamond)
Audioquest bi-wired Indigo speaker cables

Classe CAM-200 monoblock amplifiers
Audioquest Water XLR interconnect

Bryston BP26 preamp
Audioquest Water XLR interconnect

Mark Levinson 5100 cd player (PCM slow minimum phase)

thanks in advance.

Mark Levinson 5100 CD player

onehorsepony
Others have already mentioned this but if that were my system the first thing I would do is try a tube preamp, see how that sounds and go from there.

I would even go a step further and get an octal tube preamp with a tube rectifier. To my ears the octal tubes have a bigger more airy sound than the small signal tubes.
What made you purchase the B&W speakers that you have? THIS I think is question number one!

i wondered about this myself... op is voicing such a level of frustration over the sound of his system... how did he get there??... the stuff is not cheap, so many pieces, all rather sizzly and strident (inherited?)
jasonbourne52,

You seem to be highly opinionated on these forums. What type of equipment do you have? Can you post some pictures on the systems page?

ozzy