What is the best USED Speaker Under $10,000

REAL WORLD PRICES

Considering AudiogoN prices - You can buy many fantastic used $20,000+ Speakers for under the magic $10,000 level.

This is really a different topic than previous questions in this forum.

I've bought Avalon Eidolons, Joseph Audio Pearls, Wilson Watt Puppy 6's and others for (slightly) under 10K

I would love to hear from other A'goners their opinions on what are the best you can do - for under 10K (Or even a "little bit more").

Thanks for sharing your opinions!
Ag insider logo xs@2xjprice

Showing 2 responses by mtrot

@michaeljbrown,

I feel your pain about not being able to audition many speakers, as I am in East Texas! I've been researching a lot lately on speakers under $10,000 as well. I recently got a Krell FPB400cx, so I should be able to power most any speaker I get.

How do you compare the Vandersteen 5A sound to Thiel 2.4 sound? I never tried any Thiel in the past because they always said you need a powerful amp, which I did not have at the time. How are the Thiel 5s?
@steve59
Yes, at only $2k higher price, the Kanta No.3 are a no-brainer vs the Kanta No.2, IMO.  If you look at the dimensions and specs of Kanta No.3, they are near identical to those of Sopra No.3. 

I do think it may be the case that the W cones of the Sopra may be able to handle higher output well than the flax cones of Kanta.  I see a Sopra No.2 on audiomart for $8k, which may be a screaming deal.