Western Electric surveying market for (domestic?) mfg. of other tube types?

https://www.westernelectric.com/expand?fbclid=IwAR0S0X6zGVZRTRtciJyXv2aEANegKkF2R6rQ99DqN-hUuARI34-CzT4bUVI

Hi guys..

Came across this in one of my feeds…it appears legit?

I realize that some of the Russian tube panic may be unfounded. However, I personally would love other options…especially if domestically produced.  

If this is legit,  it would probably be in our best interest to let WE know of the potential demand.  I personally would love another source for 12ax7s, 6922s, etc.

Please share thoughts and link as appropriate.

Gadflies need not respond. 

128x128ml8764ag

I saw this on another forum and answered the questionnaire. Hope they can do something positive with this situation.

I put this bug in their ear a few years ago. Asked why they wouldn't produce other kinds of tubes. Hope they listened. I'd like to see them make a Russian military-grade 6H30-DR tube. 

Click on the link the Op provided , fill in which tubes you have interested in and hit submit to give WE the info they need to assess interest

Great news. Let's hope it happens. GE could also export them and provide stability.

The broader question here is as a country should we only be dealing with other like minded democracies? It might not stop supply issues altogether, but it certainly would mitigate the risk.