We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
By normal one assumes you probably mean those who think audiophiles are weird or who don’t know anything about fuses or electricity. All of their obsessions over fuses, Little Silver Bowls, electron tubes, turntables, $100K turntables, Message Foils, clocks, Teleportation Tweaks, vibration isolation, wire directionality. Oh, and their little rituals of treating LPs and CDs. Oh, my! All this religious inquisition talk can’t be good for anybody. 👺
kosst_amojan, kindly refrain from stilted comparisons to religion. I could go on at length about Darwinism and the foolishness associated with it both historically and currently. So, kindly refrain from the cheap shots. Thank you. :)

Since when are audiophiles "normal people"? We are atypical, obviously, when it comes to music listening, due to the depth in which we involve ourselves in the hobby and gear. Do I give a rip what I appear like to a "normal" person who doesn't get audiophilia? Not terribly. I'm not doing anything illegal or immoral by the hobby, so why should I care what "normal people" think? Frankly, I think "normal people" are in LaLa land when they don't use their brains to process music and the messages associated with it, so I do NOT wish to be "normal" in that sense. To me "normal" means often mediocre, average, uninspiring, etc. So, if you want to take your cues for what you do in an audio system from "normal people", you will end up with mediocre sound and experience. So, again, I could care less what "normal people" think. I suppose there are audiophiles out there who feel constrained by not wanting to look abnormal, so they don't pursue an ultimate system. What a sad thing that would be, to have passion for it and be too self-conscious to live the dream. 

Take nearly any hobby - creating those little fake sceneries for fairies comes to mind (people actually spend inordinate amounts of time crafting, then placing miniature scenes for fairies. Now, if you want me to question someone's thought patterns... I won't get into that here, but that makes a fuse look downright sensible!) - and you will have people who seem over the edge. Cosplay fans make audiophiles look downright pedestrian. 

The pattern is simple enough to deconstruct;
Disdain and disbelief that a product can be efficacious
Determination that it is not worth the money
Mockery

People are free to do so, but there is a cost associated, the potential to improve the audio system. No try, no potential benefit. The wallet is protected at what cost? 

Far from snake oil, imo fuses are the Acid Test of system building. That's why I started this thread. Fuses bring the question of efficacy down to a $50 price point. Imagine an audiophile who rejects a $50 potentially efficacious improvement to the system in favor of  a particular  $2-5K component improvement without hearing either one. Now who looks "ludicrous" and who looks "normal"? 

kosst_amojan
"Fusers" strike me as the audio equivalent to those religious fundamentalists who insist you must pronounce God’s name in some strange way or else he won’t hear your prayers ...
We need a snake oil forum ...
The greatest fundamentalist religious fervor here seems to be from proselytizers such as yourself, who feel compelled to repeat your version of the gospel even as the majority here seem to be disinterested in being "saved" from the devil you call snake oil.
As I have not spent time with fuse swapping, I really can't offer much here. But I will tell you that when I changed the direction of my power transistors, the results were clearly audible.