Warm, lush and dark ... Dac up to 1.2K

Need recommendations. Warm, lush and dark Dac. Big sounding and romantic please! Would consider a budget one too, ie from $500.00.

Thanks much.
pc123v
Boarder Patrol DAC SE is a great DAC, not harsh or bright at all, sounds great with just about everything.  
Kclose,

My brother owns the older version of Gary's BP DAC which I happen to have on loan here at the house.

Have you had a chance to audition both the older and SE editions side by side? (probably not but thought I'd ask).

Gary
Disclosure: I rep for both of these DACs, but I chose to do so because of their performance and actually make very little money on sales

I third the MHDT suggestion, they sound perfect, and the Border Patrol DAC is also a great one. 

Some really good deals on Wavelength DACs going around right now as well, and I highly recommend them (I don't sell them). I had a Brick for a long time that I would still have if I didn't need more input options. 

Regarding DSD and MQA . . . just get a good recording and immerse yourself. If I have to listen to someone ask what file type is playing before they actually listen to the music, I will probably just grimace internally, but I'll want to scream. 
Warm, lush and dark ... Dac up to 1.2K
Most that have tube I/V or output stages, or both.

Cheers George