VPI Classic 3 Upgrades or Move On to Something New

I'm the 2nd owner of a VPI Classic 3, bought here on Audiogon in 2014.  Cartridge is Soundsmith VPI Zephyr.  Considering giving it some new life with a JMW 10-3D Unipivot Tonearm, Signature Feet, and ADS Speed Controller.  Total upgrade cost - $3,950.  

Or...should I go in a new direction and give another turntable a try?  I have no complaints about my current setup, but don't have a frame of reference for what I might be missing out on. 

Budget for a new turntable/cartridge combo is anywhere from $5,000-$10,000. Thoughts? 
Ag insider logo xs@2xjjgasp
If you decide to keep that table replace the arm with VPI's gimbal bearing arm. Your bass will improve quite a bit and it should do just about any cartridge justice.
bigkidz, ... do you know if Matt (or anybody) picks up the phone at VPI?  Years ago, before Harry retired, somebody (like Jack or Mike) would also pick up the phone.  Not sure what goes at VPI with Matt at the helm. 
I have a VPI Super Prime Scout with a Lyra Kleos. I have my eye on a Prime Signature with the gimbaled arm. Rather than upgrade the super prime to the gimballed arm for $4000 I would rather spend $6500 and get the P Sig with the arm and the nicer plinth. But I would definitely keep the Kleos
The phono stage is usually better (I guess there are always exceptions) if it is a dedicated box outside of an integrated amp, even within the same brand. I would recommend getting a good one. I have a Plinius integrated amp with a phono stage that can be set for MM or MC that I used for years with my van den Hul One Special cartridge (fairly high output MC - .75)  and when I took the plunge with a Sutherland Insight PS, it blew me away. I was never aware of how much of a difference a phono stage makes. I thought you either had a phono input that worked  or not. In combo with the cartridge it is second in importance only to the arm. I like gimbal arms - easier to set up and use.

Matt doesn't answer the phone at VPI, but they do answer the phone - you can ask for him and if he is busy, leave him a message and he'll call you back. He helped me out with my cartridge (they are now the US distributor for van den Hul cartridges) and was a pleasure to deal with. I am lucky though - I live only an hour from their shop so I got to meet him and I couldn't believe how nice and down to earth he is. Also, Harry comes in 2 days per week, so he is not retired. Didn't get to meet him.

That being said, if you are tired of tinkering, I am a Rega fan, mainly because of their value for the dollar for their arms (and overall cost effective philosophy). Their top of the line table, the P10, is $6700 and they'll throw in a great cartridge for $1000 (1/2 price). It's all preset and locked in and you can be done with it. I have their 2nd best, the P8, that I am extremely happy with - a guy at VPI even told me he thought it was cool when they were setting up my cartridge. Of course, you can go higher than Rega's best, there is no limit, but they are a substantial company that has perfected their products over decades and when you ever want to switch tables, their resale values are excellent.

Try the phono stage first - I think you'll be very surprised at the improvement for not a lot of cash.
Get a Sota Sapphire, put a Schroder CB on it and you will never think about buying another turntable. This will set you back just under $10K.
Once you get use to a properly designed suspended turntable you will never believe people could buy a fixed one regardless of weight. Suspended turntables are immune to foot falls, they will not feed back, and they are much quieter. Mechanically coupled environmental noise can not make it to the cartridge. On top of this you get a magnetic thrust system for the bearing, you can add a brilliant 3 phase motor and control system and you get the best customer service in the business. If you do get the urge to move up in the line, Sota will take your table back in trade for the new one.