Video quality of Philips SACD 1000?

Hi
I am putting together a 2 channel system and I bought a while back I bought a brand new philips SACD 1000, quite frankly because it was a good deal. I have not used it yet because the room is not quite complete. Anyway, I just bought an HDTV ready tv and was wondering how the philips would work with it?
Thanks
Mark
nicmegmatt
Not really, I had a chance to compare to Sony9000 and found the Philips 1000 is a better unit in term of picture quality. The Sony has the Prog. Scan feature but is inferior. The Philips is just much more natural, vivid and smoother.
Since you have a HDTV, to get the most from it you should get a progressive scan player, which the 1000 is not. Most people bought the 1000 for the SACD feature. A lot of Progressive scan DVD players can be had for under $200. Check out the Panasonics which don't have the chroma bugs.
See this informative article:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_4/dvd-benchmark-part-5-progressive-10-2000.html
The video quality is about as bad as it gets im afraid. End of story. But I am comparing it to the CAL 2500 and the Meridian 800 but really , it is far worse than any # of the 300 .00 - 450.00 Toshibas and panasonics i have in various rooms around the house. Thats my opinion anyway.