Vandersteen Quatro Crossovers

Can any Vandersteen Quatro owners tell me about the balanced version of the required crossovers.Does it use batteries that over time need replacing like on the Model 5"s? Will be using McItosh MC501 mono blocs,any related info regarding hookup would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dennis
denman
A couple points. First, the Quatro does indeed have a crossover network; it's inside the speaker. It is not battery biased. Here's a pic.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/jeffreybehr/0%20Vandersteen%20other/Crossovertermsbtm_1280h.jpg

Secondly, the M5-HP is not a crossover, it's merely a high-pass filter.

BTW, Richard V. has stated elsewhere that the high-pass filter point to be used with his powered-bass speakers can be anywhere from c. 40 Hz. to c. 100Hz. What you should use depends on how warmly balanced you want your lower frequencies and how hard you drive your system. One would use a lower frequency for additional warmth and a higher frequency for increased power handling.
(((BTW, Richard V. has stated elsewhere that the high-pass filter point to be used with his powered-bass speakers can be anywhere from c. 40 Hz. to c. 100Hz. What you should use depends on how warmly balanced you want your lower frequencies and how hard you drive your system. One would use a lower frequency for additional warmth and a higher frequency for increased power handling.)))

Jeffery Big Mistake......
While you can adjust and play sample the high pass filters with Vandersteen 2WQ Subs and other full range main speakers Vandersteens non powered versions included.
The Vandersteen Quatro,Five series, and Sevens must be
used with the High Pass filters set for 100 HZ
or expensive damage can occur to the mid-bass driver. These ultra fast Voice coils in the mid bass driver are operating in the 100 Hz and above range which allows for their unique and seamless transition.
Once this is correctly set you can perform Room EQ and adjust the contour and Bass volume to your preference.

Cheers Johnnyr
I recently acquired a pair of Quatros, but they did not come with the M5-HP filter. The owner apparently misplaced it during a move and has not ran the speakers since. I am anxious try the vandys, but don't want to run them without the filter to avoid damage. However, $600 for a filter seems excessive. Will something like this work in its place?
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=266-274
It appears to be the same 100 Hz high pass as the M5-HP, just at a more reasonable price. Any thoughts on this would be great. Thanks.
Gee whiz Drevil....do it right. You have a good speaker, don't ruin it with inappropriate add-ons.
Jeff, you were waaaay off on this one pal. You have great info many times but this time you are mistaken. As for crossover I suppose you can try what you want but know ideal is O.E.M. parts.