Vandersteen 1Ci , your experience?

Hi, I hope you, and yours, are all well and safe.  In going over thoughts for a 2nd system, I have been thinking of various speaker systems.  I have no experience with the entry level Vandersteens.  If you want to, I would appreciate what your experience/ thoughts are with this model.  Would most likely be using them with a Magnum Dynalab receiver, Wireworld older Eclipse cables and a mid-level Oppo SACD/CD/DVD-A player.  The reason for thinking of a receiver is a couple of decent college Jazz/Classical stations in my area.  The only other receiver experience I have had goes back some time to the Nakamichi SR-3a.  Thanks, 
whatjd
Killer system, audionoobie.  So much so, that I think you should change your handle.
Thanks! Can I actually do that? :)
I have my 2CE I's in a room approx. 12'-6" x 17'-0". Personally have no problem with their size or output. When I had the chance to put my 1C's back in place, (as mentioned), it was an interested exercise, as I also wondered if they worked better in my room than I had origionally remembered after almost immediately replacing them with the 2CE's. I love my 1C's, still have them, (actually my rears now in HT mode), but as I stated, more than happy to reinstall my 2's into my room as my mains, as they just do so much more of what I want than the 1's. That said, if I only had the 1C's, I certainly would not be disappointed, and in fact, am keeping them primarily just in case at some point I have to downsize and get rid of the 2CE's. 

I guess this is a matter of personal taste, possibly set-up, and some room treatments.

I certainly did not mean in any way to 'diss' the 1C's, they are very nice speakers, but another, as I, may desire more what the 2CE's offer. Or at least consider them as an alternate. 
The acoustic coupler on the back of the 2 ( and the 3 ) make placemat in smaller rooms a bit more critical. The 2 plays quite low , especially for the $$$$ - even today ! I always found you need an amp with some grunt to control the two low end.
having said that, twos in small rooms sometimes benefit from having the high pass filter installed but set to roll off lower due to room gain. Learned that trick by speaking w Richard.
have fun, enjoy the music
jim
My my biggest challenge with the 2C’s is getting them to ’disappear’ as well as you can the 1C’s. That is important to me. Do they? Well no, not as easy as the 1C’s in my space, but after much fussing with placement, they are pretty close (source depending, some are easier than other per how the recording was mic’d/mixed). The one thing that made a tremendous difference was both some simple absorption and diffusion panels strategically placed. Actually diffusion works better in some locations to help break-up the sound waves vs absorbing them, creating a much better and wider soundstage which help to ’hide’ the 2Ce’s.

I have no real problem with overloading my room with the acoustic couplers, but as said and again, placement and acoustical treatment help. But, an interesting solution using one of Richards high pass filters. Heck, I also have two powered subs hooked-up in stereo that sit behind and adjacent to my 2Ce’s and adjusted for music, (with absorption panels that surround two sides of them so as not to allow too much pressure to build-up), not HT, so there ya go ;-)