Vandersteen 1Ci , your experience?

Hi, I hope you, and yours, are all well and safe.  In going over thoughts for a 2nd system, I have been thinking of various speaker systems.  I have no experience with the entry level Vandersteens.  If you want to, I would appreciate what your experience/ thoughts are with this model.  Would most likely be using them with a Magnum Dynalab receiver, Wireworld older Eclipse cables and a mid-level Oppo SACD/CD/DVD-A player.  The reason for thinking of a receiver is a couple of decent college Jazz/Classical stations in my area.  The only other receiver experience I have had goes back some time to the Nakamichi SR-3a.  Thanks, 
whatjd

Showing 5 responses by tomic601

The acoustic coupler on the back of the 2 ( and the 3 ) make placemat in smaller rooms a bit more critical. The 2 plays quite low , especially for the $$$$ - even today ! I always found you need an amp with some grunt to control the two low end.
having said that, twos in small rooms sometimes benefit from having the high pass filter installed but set to roll off lower due to room gain. Learned that trick by speaking w Richard.
have fun, enjoy the music
jim
The 1ci will shine with a garden variety receiver you thru exotic separates.... the ci version improves the tweeter and includes the Soundanchors- you can see them with a variety of gear. Zero fatigue, resolving, great sound stage, easy placement, etc..
btw that Nakamichi receiver was good