VAC Signature 2a Preamp Question

Before you say, "Dude, there's already a thread posted about this question!" Well, forgive me, I could not find it. This is an inquiry for Signature 2a owners who have the built-in MC/MM phono stage: When the selector is on #6, which is the turntable, I get a background hum and some of what is probably tube rush, and it's especially audible with no music playing with the volume up. When I switch to the DAC setting, with the same volume setting, everything is dead quiet. Do I have a problem or is this normal?

Your feedback is welcome and appreciated,
Alón
Ag insider logo xs@2xalonski
I have nowhere to hide the PS, unless I stand it on its side between the rack and the couch, something I don't want to do to this beautiful component.
That's probably a non-starter for technical reasons as well, at least without an ok from Kevin. It would cause the heat generated within the PS to concentrate at unintended internal locations, very conceivably resulting in premature failure.

Best regards,
-- Al
Huh, I turn the VAC logo off on my Sigma 160i. I find it a bit ostentatious.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Hum away!!

Wait...can't the amps go on separate amp stands by each speaker?
I think he's right, Alon
In the end, rack is an essential part of the system, so it's quality should be commensurate with the quality of your components.
Plus, I would try to avoid placing hot tube amps right under your other components.
They (amps) belong on a separate stands, next to the speakers
07-29-15: Maril555
Just take the amps the hell out from the rack and pur PS on the lowest shelf.
+1

Plus, I would try to avoid placing hot tube amps right under your other components.
They (amps) belong on a separate stands, next to the speakers
+1