UTurn Orbit or Yamaha YP D10

Hello, 

I've ordered a U-Turn Orbit custom with Ortofon 2M blue a few weeks ago. My previous turntable was a Yamaha PD D10, it was in a decent condition but I decided to sell it and go for a new turntable. I think this was a mistake and u-turn performance and build quality doesn't satisfy me. 

Shall I go back? 

akcam
I’ve got a Yamaha YP-D6 around here somewhere. Anyone know anything about this model? Never seen another one anywhere.
But how does the U-turn sound compared to the Yamaha?

I was impressed by the features of the U-Yurn
- belt drive around the outside of the platter for consistent speed/Quick start-up
- low centre of gravity counter weight for improved tracking
- acrylic platter for improved details
- noise shedding plinth

The U-Turn is "basic" (build wise) compared to the more "substantial looking" Yamaha - but - which TT performs the best sonically? That’s the key!

The Yamaha, by comparison to the U-Turn is a complicated build, which, if done right it could make it a good performer, but it could also have lots of issues that cannot be fixed easily by the owner

Without hearing the Yamaha I’d opt for the U-Turn, just because of its simplicity in design and the features I listed above.

Personally I want to listen to music - so sonic performance is key - looks are secondary

Good luck - Steve

Thanks for your responses. I do not want to say U-Turn is not a good turntable. Within this price range and the features as you've listed, it is a very good option. If I compare it with my Yamaha YP-D10:

• Yamaha has a perfect vintage design and even after 30 years it is still beautiful for me. U-Turn's design is modern and minimalistic . 
  • I ordered U-Turn with the most expensive cartridge option (Ortofon 2M Blue), of course you can still upgrade it but this is the best official offering as of today. Sonic performance is good, but not as good as my previous setup. 

I still recommend U-Turn, if you want to have an upgradable system with a great support from the company. 
Have you already sold your Yamaha then, is that what you are saying?

If so you probably should have kept it at least until you had proved the U-Turn one way of the other.

What cart was on the Yamaha as a matter of interest?