Use this song if you are doing an A/B with Preamps

Sixty Years On by Elton John.
A Demanding song with Orchestra, and a Lot of Head Room.
Played loud, it reveals Intense Strings and Swells
Whichever Preamp does That best, Wins !
The other one goes up for sale, period.

Cheers all !

fact33
Of course you should use recordings you know and love.Nothing wrong with enjoying something new and adding to your favorite evaluation tracks.

I saw EJ live twice and the recordings don't do him justice.He's an amazing piano player!He slurs his vocals so I can understand why he's recorded somewhat 'hot' to get more definition.I wish more time and care had been taken with the recordings,but it is pop music and they were cranking out album after album back in the day.
"Herding cats.. hopeless."  Humorous and enlightened.  Thanks. Namaste. 
If you like an acoustic recording; guitar, piano and violin this is a fun song.  Belle of Newcastle/Scruff Neck, on album Flying on Home.  Streamed from Deezer. 
I agree w the concept of evaluating a piece of gear with music you’re intimately familiar with. Listen for the transients and background artifacts and with piano, the decay of the keystrokes. But as others point out, it’s so hard to isolate sonic differences to 1 piece of equipment unless it’s on loan to you and swapped out with Everything else kept the same. Personally
I d never base an equipment decision on the replay of 1 song. 5 of different genre, well maybe, all other things being perfectly equal