upgrade Dynaudio Special 40 to Kef Reference 1

Hi,

I am planning on an upgrade. I am currently using Dynaudio Special 40 speakers with a Hegel Rost amp and JL audio subwoofer. Will i notice big difference if I upgrade to the Kef Reference 1 speakers? Another option I am considering is to upgrade the Hegel Rost amp to a Yamaha AS3000 amp. Which upgrade is more beneficial at this time since I can only do one upgrade. Thanks.
sasbyte
I finally decided to keep the Dynaudio S40 speakers and grabbed a PASS Int 60 integrated amplifier. Now I have the sound i was looking for. Smooth, lush, detailed, sweet sounding amp. My next speaker purchase will be the dynaudio confidence 20. 
A better amp is all you need ( I have the S40 also)..  and the Pass Int60 is very good.   But I end up getting Luxman L590x over it..  

BTW I have also tried the Yam AS3000.   It is good,  but not at the same level as Pass or Luxman.  

Lose the amp and other paraphernalia, and listen to Dynaudio Core 59 or Genelec 8351B in your space. Both are active pro-grade models, and excellent at what they do. For modern living rooms or bedrooms in apartments, these will be hard to beat, at any price point. 

Altman, glad you keep the sp40. I use them with my Pass 60, then upgraded to the Pass 250 and the dyns scaled up right with it. The Pass has magical mids and so does the sp 40. I have a piair of LS 50 metas and Goldenear brx. The Though they can sound great depending what amp I use, none of them work as well with the pass as the sp40. I even tried the Buchardt 400 2’s and the sp 40 outshines them to my ears. I do like the Kef sound and my Hegal and LS50 make sound wonderful sound.