Tube / SS amp that handles 4ohm loads well and delivers lively texture / palpability

For Triangle signature theta speakers. Real 90db(measured - most manufacturers would claim 94db) Minimum impedance 4.4ohm
amp or integrated. Low volume listening. I would drive an amp with a dac with included class A Ss preamp.

triangles have very sharp high frequencies (horn loaded tweeter) and need a very warm fullbodied amp with texture that manages to be still lively and fast and open.

that screams tube amp but in am concerned about bass performance an coherence as rock solid timing is my goal no.1 and full body my goal no.2 

I thought about el34 amps like lm211ia or class a amps like densen or valvet, class b like LFD.
Small and light gainclones would be nice as well if they can deliver the performance.

128x128zuio
This is a very important post by Ralph. This BS audiophile 'tight bass' doesn't exist, it's artificial. I will quote Vladimir of Lamm on connected issue - You can get a killer bass out of transistors but that's not the way it is in reality.
And not only bass. Ever heard acoustic guitar or voice live ? They resonate. One of the main reasons why many so-called state of the art systems sound like nonsense even with good analog source, that is hi-fi sound not high-end sound.
I tend to agree that Ralph's post is a good point, but doesn't that sorta more come down to a speaker thing (in most systems, anyway)?? Boxed speakers in particular...you know, that whole distinction or parting of ways between head thumpin', gut-kickin' or clubbing style bass (the sort of maximized, disembodied drum effect or thud, rather than the sound of the drum as a musical instrument...with a body, individual character and distinct location within the stage). I happened to go the open baffle route my last time around and wound up not having to deal with rear-wave and cone distortions or cab resonances. Power factor correction has given me rather taut bass, but I have to say that that combo of Very transparent bass And tautness seems just all the more unusual, now that I've come by it. I don't come across it much. I'd say taut bass can have a rightful place, and it can indeed be somewhere down the priority list, but that it seems to me to make far more sense after all the rest of the bass ducks are finally in a good row. (To me, from top to bottom, there's nothing like a good, solid and Focused fortissimo!). I can easily accept for example that there probably isn't that much tight bass in the middle of an orchestra, but within which halls, which orchestra outputs are being focused into what rows (if at all) is likely still up for grabs. And, yeah I'd say deep, tight bass reproduction and the disembodied drum effect combo can seem fun at first, but is (for me, anyway) ultimately fatiguing. But, I'm just saying that lately I'd come to think all that was more or less, primarily, a speaker thing??...or maybe a speaker in a box thing, I guess...??
I'm saying that I think that adding bass tautness to a 'drum effect' kind of system is a negative to the overall sound, whereas adding it to a very transparent bass setup is actually a positive.
Speakers sure, but not at all only speakers. Once I had interconnect cables that gave me both exaggerated and too tight a bass, those cables were off the balance. Just cables. I replaced them and it is now much closer to what it should be and no exaggeration unless it is in the recording.

atmasphere6,710 posts11-14-2018 9:07amI've never heard 'tight bass' in real life. I play string bass, played in orchestras, jazz and folk combos and play in a rock band (keyboards) right now. IME/IMO 'tight bass' is a thing that only exists in stereo, and then mostly when the woofers are overdamped. 

Put another way, when tight bass exists, definition, the character of the bass notes, goes away. So I avoid tight bass, instead just look for what is natural. 
+1 Well said. Also, I really enjoy that "Making the Atma-Sphere M-60" video or as Lord Buckley would no doubt exclaim, "a sphere gasserrr!"

zuio, are your Theta's toed in? I know their manual shows some toe in with rather shallow boundary limits as well as equal distance between speakers and listening position. 

While every room is different I've had my Comets in three very different rooms and their suggestions only provided the most bass response at the cost of way more brightness and a small sound stage.

Try little to no toe in and use a wheeled office chair to locate the listening position.